The perfect blend of good food, good books, and whatever else I toss in.

Friday, December 3, 2010

The Easiest Chocolate Cake Ever!

I know I'm a little late (ok a lot late) with this week's post, but it's crunch time in school land and I have my last--and biggest--paper due a week from Monday. For the most part, all the research has been done already. However, there is a lot to write, and a lot of concepts from my sources that I want to include. In other words, a lot of work to be done.

My instructor wanted an 18-20 page (including the references) paper. My paper is currently holding at 17 pages, and I still have a lot of ground to cover. Granted, those 17 pages do include 3 pages of appendices, but I still feel like I'm going to end up with a much longer paper than my instructor wanted. I'll keep my fingers crossed that she won't mind too terribly.

And now for this week's recipe. This recipe goes out to all the men and women who love chocolate. I am passing on to you a recipe for a 5-minute chocolate cake that you make in a mug and microwave. It may sound questionable, and possibly "hooky," but I have tried this recipe and it is gooooooood. My mother emailed it to me, and it was emailed to her, and to the person who sent it to her, and so on, so I have no idea where this recipe originated. If anyone knows, leave a comment to that effect so I can update the post and give credit to the maker.

What you'll need:
4 Tbs. flour
4 Tbs. sugar*
2 Tbs. cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbs. milk
3 Tbs. oil
3 Tbs. chocolate chips (optional)
small splash of vanilla
1 large microwavable mug

What you'll need to do:
1. Add the flour, sugar, and cocoa to the mug. Stir so they're mixed well. Add the egg and completely mix it and the dry ingredients together.
2. Add the milk and oil and mix everything well. Add the chocolate chips (if you want them) and the vanilla and mix completely.
3. Put the mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high. Make sure your microwave runs at least 1000 watts.
4. The cake may rise over the top of the mug, so don't be alarmed if this happens. Allow cake to cool a little. You can tip it out onto a plate if you want.

This is perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy! I'm off to continue working on my paper. I will make every effort to get back on schedule next week with another recipe posted on Monday.

*A note in the recipe says that Splenda can be used in lieu of sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment