The perfect blend of good food, good books, and whatever else I toss in.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Wrapping Up the Semester

This is the last week of the semester. It officially ends on May 13th, but I've given myself a deadline of May 10th (this Friday) to complete my work.

It seems that every semester when I get to this point, I am shocked at how fast the semester has gone. With the amount of work that I've put into my classes--especially my internship--as well as the extra stuff that I volunteer for, it seems doubly true. At the time of this writing, I have completed 127.5 out of 135 internship hours. I have 7.5 hours left to do, 6 of which will be done when I am on-site this week. I have completed 7 substantial projects, worked on 2 ongoing projects that I will likely continue to do as a volunteer, and performed multiple other tasks. I have a solid working knowledge of Drupal, and between my internship and my Drupal class I am confident that I will be able to perform as a Drupal site administrator for any library that hires me in the future. I would note this semester down as a big success, even considering that I had almost too much work to handle.

After this week, I hope things calm down for awhile. I will still be volunteering with MCFL, but only 8-10 hours a month. The rest of May and June will be time for me to relax and recharge for my final semester taking content classes (my last semester will be devoted to assembling and presenting my e-portfolio). My mom and I took a look at the schedule for my graduation ceremony next May and have already started making plans. I know I have some important graduate deadlines to meet this next year (mainly forms that I must submit to be eligible for graduation).

It's the final leg of my journey that I started three years ago, right here on this blog. It's a very odd feeling because until now it didn't feel like my program would ever come to an end. Well, it is. And I can see it, now.


1 comment:

  1. You are wise to do as much work before the last week as possible. I'm glad to hear that your internship (as well as the other activities you've engaged in this term) was a success. Mastering Drupal was a big achievement. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete