The perfect blend of good food, good books, and whatever else I toss in.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Look what the Easter Bunny brought!

For the first time in a long time, the extended family came to spend a holiday with us. It was more circumstance rather than distance that has caused my family to spend holidays with just us. Yesterday I got to see relatives that I haven't seen for a year or more in some cases, and it was a day of good food, laughter, and a tortellini faux pas that my mom will never live down (well, not in the next year at least--love you Mom!).

Something that my mom makes every year for Easter for as long as I can remember is a lamb cake. I don't have the recipe, but it uses a cake mold that she got years and years ago and brings out only at this annual event. The cake is a white cake frosted with white frosting and coconut to simulate the soft fleece of a lamb. As you can see below, the cake also sports accessories and a grassy patch on which to sit. This is something I wait for every year, and despite having some other truly scrumptious desserts to enjoy thanks to my cousin, I still had to have a piece of my favorite lamb cake delivered straight from the Easter Bunny (and complete with jellybean eggs). Yum!

Lamb cake: a perfect sweet dessert for Easter.
This is a short post, but I couldn't resist sharing. :) Another post (and possibly another recipe) will follow later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment