The perfect blend of good food, good books, and whatever else I toss in.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Technology Is Fun!

Really, it is. There's no reason to be afraid of it, and a little practice will have you using it like a pro.

I am about to start my second-to-last semester as a peer mentor for new MLIS students who will be starting their very first classes in the program. My job is to help make them comfortable with the online learning environment, learn about and become familiar with the various types of technologies they will use as part of their program, give them an idea of what to expect in their program, and help alleviate worries they may have. This is a class I've wanted to take for awhile, and this semester is my last opportunity to do it, so I'm very glad that I was accepted for the peer mentor program.

Us peer mentors have a bit of preparation before the beginning of the class that we will be mentoring in, which opens before the official start of the semester to give those new students that want to the opportunity to begin settling in the online learning environment before the additional pressures of their other classes begin. As we (the peer mentors) are introducing ourselves to each other, we're being encouraged to incorporate other technology into our introduction to make it a little more interesting. So far, someone has used Spice Nodes, Glogster, and YouTube. I decided to make a word cloud using the words of my blog. And since it's blog-related, it only seems appropriate that I share that here too.


If you want to make one of your own, head on over to Tagxedo.

No comments:

Post a Comment